Hillary Is Here For Women
Written By: Chrystal Nelson
Hillary Rodham Clinton, Democratic nominee for the 2016 Presidential Election
ai???There cannot be true democracy unless women’s voices are heard. There cannot be true democracy unless women are given the opportunity to take responsibility for their own lives. There cannot be true democracy unless all citizens are able to participate fully in the lives of their country. We all owe so much to those who came before and tonight belongs to all of you.ai???
July 11, 1997.
I am a woman who is voting for Hillary Clinton, not because we share the same type of anatomical makeup, but because I have a voice and I want that voice to be heard. With Hillary Clinton at the front line, that will happen.
The argument that Hillary Clinton will receive the female vote simply because she is a female is absurd and highly insulting to women in all respects. Through research, media, and other means of acquiring information, we are able to decipher what it is we want in a candidate that best fits our needs. Naturally, I do not speak for all women. However, I can say that, in my opinion, Hillary is the best choice for women. The only thing Donald Trump knows about women is how to sleep with them, and even then there have been questionable allegations on that front. The possibilities for equal rights amongst men and women is a potential that I would like to see through, and liken that idea to Hillary Clinton running a campaign to completion, where she will be voted in as President of the United States. Hillary is the nominee who will stand up for womenai??i??s rights and show our grand country that Feminism is not something to fear. Feminism is not the depiction of women with pitchforks chasing after men, with the intent to harm them. No. Please do your homework and educate yourselves. Feminism, by definition, is the advocacy of womenai??i??s rights on the grounds of political, social, and economic equality to men.
Let me list just a few of Clintonai??i??s accomplishments for women:
- Mrs. Clinton created the position of United States Ambassador-at-Large for Global Womenai??i??s Issues. This office ensures that issues regarding women, all around the world, are properly acknowledged in United States foreign policy. You recall the definition of feminism, correct? Well, this office looks to promote stability, peace, and development by empowering women politically, socially, and economically.
- The Secretary of this Department is Catherine Russell
- For more information on this department, you can visit this link: http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2013/03/205866.htm
- While Clinton was Secretary of State, she would visit multiple countries with the task of meeting with female leaders, and women in positions of power, to better understand their working conditions and find ways to help them. Clinton has traveled more than any other candidate in history, visiting 112 countries.
- Clinton was a participant of the United Nationai??i??s Fourth World Conference on Women, in China in 1995, where she made a historic speech on the violations of rights that women suffer, in multiple countries, simply because they are women. During this speech, Clinton stated, ai???Let it be that human rights are womenai??i??s rights and womenai??i??s rights are human rights once and for all. Let us not forget that among those rights are the right to speak freely — and the right to be heard.ai??? Hillary Clinton wants what all of us women want, the right to be heard by those who try and quiet us.
- To read Clintonai??i??s full speech, or listen to the speech, click the link.
Now, for a list of the accomplishments for women via Donald Trump:
This upcoming election is not about women voting for another woman simply because she is a woman. This upcoming election is about making the right choice for fifty-one percent of the population.